Monday, June 22, 2015

Swap for All Seasons 2015

One of the fun things that I signed up for in 2015 is the Swap for All Seasons swap group in Ravelry. Four times a year (i.e. once a season), we put together a swap package for our assigned swap partner and exchange our packages. I was lucky enough to get assigned to Hanna, who lives in Finland. It has been great fun getting to know her and learn a bit about her culture. One of the rules for this particular swap group is that each package must include a handmade item. I love that you get to create something for each other. How fun! It has also been enjoyable to swap some indie crafters for swap items. Here are some photos and info about our spring and summer packages!


Spring swap package I sent to Hanna! I went with a golf theme because she likes to collect golf balls with logos on them. Having grown up in French Lick around the golf courses, a friend of mine helped me get a ball from the Pete Dye course that was across from my house growing up. (FYI: The Senior PGA was recently held there.) 


For the yarn component, Hanna wanted to try some of the fun US sock yarns. Well, there is nothing better than Dancing Dog Dyeworks!


This little golf-themed project bag is from Prairie Bag Works and you can find her on Etsy here.

The fun little golf ball stitch markers with a golf bag are from Jill's Handmade Stuff and you can find her on Etsy here. (I LOVE her stitch marker sets that come with holders, too. She also has jewelry in her shop.) The knitted hat is made using Anzula's For Better or Worsted (currently my favorite worsted weight yarn) and the pattern is Greystone by Melissa Thomson. It was a fantastic knit!

 

Here is the lovely package that I received from Hanna for my spring package. She already knows me well with all that red! The napkins are long gone as we enjoyed using them each night at dinner. The hair products and yummy candy is also all gone! Hanna made the jeweled shawl pin and even twisted the wire for the heart portion of the shawl pin. The little pen cozy is adorable, isn't it? 


The yarn is a lovely lace weight from Knitlob's Lair from Finland. Isn't it beautiful? 


And this perfect little handmade bag!


For the summer package that I sent to Hanna, I wanted something bright and cheerful! I made her this project bag with fabric that reminded me of a crocheted project she was working on. I stuffed it full of some yarn, fiber, and other goodies. I tossed in some Pop Rocks for her two boys to try out. 


The fiber is the Melted Popsicle colorway from Woolly Jen and you can find her Etsy store here. Isn't it perfect for summer? The yarn is from River's Edge Fiber Arts.


I crocheted up one of my Eva's Neckerchiefs for Hanna using some Pagewood Farm's Denali. It matches her new glasses so well and looks fantastic on her! (I just love her haircut with it, too!)


Her hubby enjoys Sudoku and is busily working the puzzles. I am a total Sudoku addict and play it on my tablet every day.


This is the awesome package that Hanna sent me for summer! The soap has such a fresh and pleasant scent and I have it in my newly organized (more on that later) kitchen. The little garter fingerless mittens were knitted by one of her friends out of a Noro yarn. Don't you just love the comfort of garter stitch? The tea...oh...the...tea! It is delicious! They are different sorts of flavors than a normal tea and my favorite is the ice cream. Yummy. She's already promised to replenish my supply in the fall package!


More yarns from Finland!!! Teetee Elegant in a lace weight...


...and Nalle Taika in a sport. Can't wait to turn this one into socks in August!


Hanna made me these crown-themed markers and they are gorgeous. One of them is living on my True Friend sweater and the other is going to become a zipper pull for a bag that I plan to sew up using my leftover fabric from the bag I made for Hanna. 

One of the fun things about this year-long swap is that you get to constantly be on the lookout for items for the next package. I have an autumn-theme already in development and can't wait to kit it together. Do you participate in knitting and crochet swaps? What is your favorite thing to send or receive?

No comments: