Monday, January 5, 2015

Starting Out 2015!

Welcome, 2015! Not going to pull any punches. The last two years have been full of challenges for me. I go into this new year full of hope that I am due a little calm, normalcy, and joy. If you are a long-time reader of the blog, you know that I have often set out goals of things I'd like to achieve for the year. For 2015, I wrote my goals with one thing in mind...live life. Each goal is geared toward bringing making my life full...take nothing for granted. So, here they are, interspersed between photos of our holiday celebrations.


Bird of Happiness knitted out of Berroco Vintage on a US 4 needle.

LEARNING:
Complete the Craftsy classes I have already purchased.
Read more books.


Star Ornament crocheted out of Madelinetosh Tosh DK and Berroco Vintage DK.

SOCIALIZING:
Participate in more KALs and maybe some yarn swaps.
Podcast at least twice a month and watch as many as I want.


We went to Yuletide and had a GREAT day. Love this picture of us.

ORGANIZING:
Upload stash to Ravelry so that I know all the goodies I have!
Knit lots of shawls and socks out of my stash, at least 6 of which will be for me.
Put all of the photos and clippings I inherited from mom into a Heritage album. (I think this will be a productive way to continue recovering from grief versus wallowing in the loss.)


Raleigh and I built a snowman inside. He loved it! I was sad to take it down.

IMPROVING HEALTH:
Drink more water.
Participate in four 5Ks.
Take back control of my care and find a new oncologist!!!
Cut myself breaks when my health days are hard. Beating myself up does nothing but make it worse.


I managed to get my nephew into one of my IU shirts, much to his Duke-loving dad's dismay!!!

DESIGNING:
Work on several ebook ideas I have.
Say no to teaching...this is a hard one for me. As much as I know people appreciate my classes, I get so stressed about teaching. I enjoy the designing, editing, and testing processes so much more. It is NEVER easy to say no to opportunities, but I need to follow this one to keep stress levels low. It will be my hardest goal to achieve!


Ella loved her princess dress!

JOY:
Spend as much time as possible with Patrick.
Play lots of board games.
Knit and crochet as much as I want with no guilt.
Continue painting classes.
Worry WAY less.
Get together with friends as much as I want to and can.
Go to an IU game.
Go to a concert.
Take at least two trips.

I have a multitude of business goals, but I won't bore you with those here. Instead, let see some more celebration pictures:


We made Ninja Turtles out of TP rolls and felt.


We made garland, a Raleigh elf, and some ornaments.


Patrick and I played board and card games for two weeks. LOVE the Karma card game. It is a great one for just two people.


Kiki napped in the new fleece blanket...


and Riley was a good sport on Christmas Eve and wore a bow.

Here are all the yarn goodies that are now a part of my stash to organize!!!


Turtlepurl yarn


Dancing Dog Dyeworks


Eaden Yarns


More Turtlepurl...


Voolenvine in the Outlander colorway!!!


And a new bag from the FeltedFlowerShop on Etsy.

No comments: