Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Brownie Knits Episode 8: The One with Carol





Welcome to episode 8 of the Brownie Knits podcast! In this episode we are on location in Cincinnati, Ohio with my dear friend Carol. Join us for a sit and knit or crochet as we talk about our projects and share a few stories from our 20-year friendship.



Finished Projects:

IU Sock out of Yarn Hallow and Madelinetosh Tosh Sock

Life of Leaves Shawl by A Knitter's Life out of Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Ember

Socks out of Simply Socks Poste Jollyville

Tea Leaves Cardigan by Melissa LeBarre out of Tosh in Amber Trinket and Well Water



WIPS:

Crochet squares out of leftover DK and worsted yarns (check the Brownie Knits blog at www.ginakanouse.blogspot.com for a future post with the instructions)

Snow White socks out of Turtlepurl Yarns



Other mentions:

Birdlegbags.com

Turtlepurl yarns in City Girl colorway

Curls book by Hunter Hammersen



Join the Brownie Knits 2015 Block Blanket-Along via the Brownie Knits Ravelry group! Our hashtag for the along is #bkblanketalong. You can download the free block patterns from Ravelry or BrownieKnits.com.

Special note: My hubby was just watching the episode and I heard myself say Berroco Vintage gets 4.5 on a 7 and 5 on 8. ARGH!!!! It gets 4.5 on an 8 and 5 on a 7. Sorry if I confused anybody with my brain toot!

For any beginners, the smaller the needle the more sts you get in an inch. The larger the needle the fewer sts you get in an inch. I can’t believe I said that AND didn’t catch it in editing.

No comments: