Monday, November 10, 2014

Brownie Knits Episode 3: NET day and LOTS of Afghans





Episode 3 is LIVE! This is a very special episode that I am publishing on 11/10/14 in honor of NET Awareness day. I hope that you enjoy the podcast!


In this episode, I discuss NET (neuroendocrine tumor) awareness and then we get into all the yarn fun! Oh, and I also try to explain what a Hoosier is!

Finished projects:
Knit One, Crochet Too Bandana by Helene Rush and knitted in Knit One, Crochet Too Covet
Windows of Light Jar Covers by Brownie Knits (FREE in Rav and on BrownieKnits.com) in Marathon Socks North Pole yarn
Socks (generic pattern) in Opal Sweet and Spicy 2 Honey

New Toys:
Plaid project bag from FeltedFlowerShop on Etsy
Turtle Purl yarn in color Superman (available on Etsy)

New Projects:
IU knit-along season socks
Sockhead hat by Kelly McClure

Get ready for the Brownie Knits Block Blanket-Along for 2015:
200 yards of worsted weight per block
12 blocks total, measuring 12x12 inches
US 7 or 8 needle to get a 4.5 sts to an inch over St st
Check out the thread on the BrownieKnits Revelry board for more detail!

Afghans:
Ombre Alpaca Blanket by Joelle Hoverson; yarn from JuliesAlpacas.blogspot.com
Manos afghan
The Kitchen Sink Blanket by Brownie Knits
Groovyghan by Tracy St. John; yarn Berroco Vintage Worsted

Join the BrownieKnits Revelry board and tell us what you want from Santa this holiday season. Also, be sure to introduce yourself to register for our podcast giveaways. The lucky winner in episode 3 won a skein of Sweet Georgia sock yarn!

1 comment:

Heather LeFebvre said...

Thanks for talking about the plaid project bags!!!! My sister Emily has just requested one with handles to use as a purse! I think I'm going to need a few myself too. :) So glad you are enjoying yours!!! I believe the Burberry plaid originally came from the UK and was given to me by a friend.