Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Touched Heart

Monday (11/10/14) was NET awareness day--the first since my diagnosis. I thought for a long time about what to do on this day. I was tempted to let it go by without saying a word. I was tempted to shut myself off and ignore it all together. Instead, I decided to embrace the day and work toward raising awareness. So, I planned out a segment in episode 3 of the Brownie Knits podcast and printed out the Show Your Stripes paper so that I could post a photo online.

What I didn't expect was what happened around me on the day. My heart was truly touched as friends and family showed their support. It seems like such a simple thing to change your Facebook profile picture for the day, take a quick selfie, or share a status. But, although the physical action might be simple and quick, it is the meaning of the thought that is full of emotion. I was absolutely touched by the many people who made the day one of hope instead of one of dread for me. To all of you, I say thank you!!!


Two more wonderful ladies that came into my life via publishing...


Kiki was less than thrilled to pose for her photo, but she wore her button all day.


My ever so thoughtful hubby ordered pins for the dogs to wear and this crazy a$$ zebra tie that he wore on video conference calls all day. (I can only imagine what those on the calls thought!)



Riley just wanted to make sure the pom-poms weren't edible.


My cutie, Kiki.




These gorgeous flowers arrived full of color.


My sweet cousin, Angela...


my life-long friend, Monica...


my (often) co-trouble maker (shopping till we drop) SIL, Katie...


and my beautiful inside and out SIL, Meg.

No comments: