Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Rays Crackerjack Update

The end of baseball season meant sadness for Patrick, but it also meant that I could finish up his Crackerjack cowl. This is a conceptual project. Basically, you pick out four colors of a yarn and assign them to Home Win, Home Loss, Away Win, and Away Loss. From there, you decide how long you want the cowl to be and divide that by the number of games and that tells you what to do. You can get the pattern and worksheet from Ravelry for free.


I used Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in...
Home Win Betty Draper's Blues
Home Loss Farmhouse White
Away Win Cobalt
Away Loss Doctor Zhivago's Sky

Needle size US 7



I did put in a special slip stitch for the game with a grand slam by Kevin Kiermaier. (Can I say he made watching all those baseball games MUCH more enjoyable? What a cutie!) Excuse the fan in the photo and I promise to snap better photos of this project as we are out and about in the natural sun. It is really handsome!

1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

That is really nice! I love the colors and the striping and it looks really soft too. I got lost on the description of how the striping works though. Maybe I need to know more about baseball. :-)