Thursday, October 9, 2014

Big Boo Pumpkin

During a recent visit with my in-laws, my MIL saw my little needle felted pumpkins and was nice enough to give me some roving she had and wasn't going to use. I immediately thought that I wanted to make a HUGE white pumpkin. I followed the same concept as for the little ones, but just on a larger scale. It turned out to be about 10 inches in height and, well, it is bigger than my head! I love it!!!


Materials: bag of white roving, needle felting needles in a larger gauge and a finer gauge, 50 yards of 100% wool, needle felting pad


I followed the instructions from Sheared Bliss for the "body" of the pumpkin. Then, I grabbed some Knit Picks Wool of the Andes out of my stash and felted that on the pad until the pieces were shaped like a stem and leaves. Then I felted those in place. The Big Boo Pumpkin has joined the Kanouse pumpkin patch!

No comments: