Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer Catch Up: Part III The Brownie Knits Trunk Show

This past weekend, I got to hang out with my friend Carol and go to Knitwits Yarn shop. I wanted to swing into the shop as they are currently hosting my Brownie Knits trunk show. The boys dropped us off at the shop and we had a great time shopping, talking to other yarn lovers, and chatting with the staff. Knitwits is a great supporter of local and indie designers. We met Elizabeth from Felted Sky Studio. Check out her needle felting kits and designs! They are adorable and make beautiful works of art.


Click here for the Felted Sky Studio Etsy shop.



There was yarn by Nerd Girl Yarns...
This yarn would make GREAT Millie Infinity scarves. Grab a skein, my Millie pattern, and knit up some scarves for fall! It's just around the corner...


I also loved these cards and tags. (Shout out to my MIL...I thought of you when I saw these.) I actually have plans to swap out these buttons for some other ones so that I can still use the card and use those awesome buttons for a knitting project.


Shameless plug time...I tossed in some free pens and they were using them for the raffle entries. Everything in the shop is so well thought out in how each items is displayed.


Carol, Christina (A Knitter's Life), and I chat about all things yarn on a daily basis. There are lots of emails floating about between the three of us, so we felt a little lost without Christina making the trip. We popped around the corner of the shop to see where many of my items were on display and right there in the basket was Christina's smiling face!!!! We were stunned. The Birthday Cake Cowl is a free pattern from Christina's Classic Cable Knits line and the shop owner told us that she just loves it.


My items were in a few different spots...


Tune in next time for the shopping wrap up. You didn't think Carol and I went to a yarn shop and didn't buy yarn!!!

No comments: