Saturday, July 12, 2014

This Commercial Break Brought to You By...

So I took a little break from blogging while I:

A. Went on vacation to Florida.
B. Took a side trip to Pennsylvania to see family.
C. Got a fat lip that lasted for days.
D. Knitted loads of socks.
E. Caught a summer cold.
F. All of the above - ding, ding, ding!!!

With everything that has gone on over the last 9 months, I was in need of (and still am, truth be told) some relaxation. We ventured off to Florida to visit my aunt and uncle, celebrate 13 years of marriage at our favorite spot, and catch a Rays game.


Clearwater Beach on our 13-year anniversary...we sat in the beautiful sun, read our beach books, and listened to the waves hit the beach.



Enjoying a drink at the local crab shack...


 One day we went to the beautiful Anna Maria Island with my Aunt Dory and Uncle Robert...



It was a beautiful spot with very few other humans...so peaceful!



After a day at the beach, we were off to the Rays game...which equals a happy PK!


We always have such a good time with these two.


What do you get a guy for the "lace" anniversary? I stretched it a bit and went with "laces" on a baseball and had a game ball delivered to mister man at the game. All the fans around us were very interested in what was going on! It came with a note listing the game and play it was from and a stamp of credentials that you can scan and view online.


The next morning we were set to fly from FL to PA. I woke up with this fat lip!!! Ugh. It was miserable and was from too much sun. Flying while holding ice on your face wasn't much fun and it also hurt. Then it split and hurt more. Ugh again. It did indeed ruin some of my vacation time as I had to call some early nights to take meds and rest.


But I rallied and we were off to the National Aquarium with my dad, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew. R had to get some pictures with the Coast Guard ship!





I managed to find sheep in the aquarium!


I got a little inspiration from this dude that will show up in a design later this year. It really is amazing where you can find inspiration for knitting, art, design, etc. I find that doing activities outside of your daily norm offer the most clearing of the mind and opening of new ideas.



Do you "sea" the horse?


Lion fish...


R found Nemo!


Puffins!!!


Polka dots are really everywhere...


Another inspiring turtle dude...


You probably see the red bird, but do you see the sloth?


I also loved the colors in the corals. Just might have to do some Kool-Aid yarn dye with this in mind...


Then, little man was all ready for his first baseball game. 



While the boys plus my SIL were off to the game, I spent the evening with my Gram. She got us crabs and we had a ball eating until we couldn't eat any more. To be fair, I was a bit sidelined by the lip. The swelling was down, but the cuts were not a good companion to the Old Bay spice!


Gram's first selfie! She told me that she had just figured out what a selfie was when watching TV.


After we ate our crab, we washed up and had a sit and knit/crochet. I worked on some socks while Gram crocheted an afghan. It makes me so happy to have this in common with her.

Tune in later for pictures and info on all the socks I made. Yes, me. The non-sock knitter has caught the sock bug! That chill you feel under your feet might be hell freezing over!

No comments: