Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Socks Galore!

Prior to vacation I decided to give Magic Loop another go. I had purchased a few skeins of sock yarn at the Hoosier Hills Fiber Fair and wanted to actually make socks out of them. Had I made socks before? Yes. Did I know how to make them? Yes. Did I find them difficult? Nope. Did I enjoy wearing them? Yes. Did I enjoying make them? Absolutely not! I had always did them with DPNs or on two circs. I just felt dragged down on my knitting speed and it just felt tiresome and then you had to repeat it all again if you wanted the matching sock. I knew what Magic Loop was and how to do it, but I just hadn't committed to a project done this way. Time to change that up. And, I now enjoy knitting socks! Woohoo!!!


Patrick's Tardis Socks
Pattern: I did my own thing, but it is basically a simple sock.
Yarn: Safari Sock by AdventuresNYarnCraft and the color is Tardis
Needle: US 2


Gina's Funny Valentine Socks
Pattern: I did my own thing, but it is basically a simple sock.
Yarn: Safari Sock by AdventuresNYarnCraft and the color is Funny Valentine
Needle: US 2



Gina's Ice Cream Socks
Pattern: I did my own thing, but it is basically a simple sock.
Yarn: TurtlePurl and I'm not sure of the color. This is the yarn from the Simply Socks anniversary kit.
Needle: US 2


I loved this yarn SO much (more than MadTosh sock!) that I ordered the Trenchcoat colorway via Etsy. (Thanks to Meg, Pete, and the kiddos for the gift card that bought me this one!)


My new favorite pair of socks. I can see these getting miles of use this fall and winter!



No comments: