Friday, April 25, 2014

What's in the Knitting Bag?

Woohoo! Last doctor appointment until July was yesterday. What does a knitter do to celebrate? Hit up a yarn shop, of course. I had a few things in mind and managed to fill up my knitting bag. So excited to get started on these projects.


Earlier this week I was blessed to have a rare knit night out. I love these little nights when Christina and I sit and download all that has been going in our worlds and in the world of knitting and crochet. Well, Christina filled me in on Crackerjack by Earthchick. Crackerjack is a conceptual project that is based on the results of sports games. Given Patrick's love of Rays baseball, it sounded like a great idea. I purchased four different colors. The first blue will be used to represent home wins, white for home losses, deep blue for away wins, and grey for away losses. I plan to toss in a special stitch for any grand slams. If it doesn't look manly enough as a cowl, I might end up leaving it as a double-sided scarf. Given that there are 162 regular season games, I wanted a yarn I would love to work with all season long. That meant some MadTosh!!! I found a worsted weight instead of sock, but that is fine because I will just adjust the stitch count and use a larger needle for a softer fabric.


Next up is this little pile. The Berroco Sox will be crocheted into a design from Brownie Knits that will be released in the next month. (For a sneak peak, click here. I'm in love with my new little Eva Neckerchief.) The Berroco Vintage will become a new knitting design that has been in my head for a bit now. Time for it to blossom into life! I expect it to release sometime this summer so that you could knit it up for fall/winter 2014.


I've been working a lot on designs as of late, but sometimes you just need some mindless knitting. During those times, I have been knitting up items for my Etsy shop. This little guy will be a Grady Sack for some lucky little man. I just love this colorway (Tree Fort) and the yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Hand-painted. Isn't it a fun number?!?



I have a lot to accomplish over the next two weeks for Brownie Knits, but I really enjoy these times when the business flows. It felt great to take myself to lunch, come home energized with ideas, and see all my front flowers looking vibrant.

No comments: