Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

This past weekend we experienced BEAUTIFUL weather. It worked out that the baseball game for which I got PK tickets for his birthday fell on one of these amazing weather days. When I ordered the tickets, I expected to be there in a sweatshirt and coat. Instead, it was shorts and flip flop weather! We both actually got a little sunburn even! Patrick loves the Rays and they were playing the Reds. So, off to the Great American Ballpark we went.


I don't think I can fully express how awesome it was to feel the sun again AND to feel good. The last Reds game we attended, we had to leave early because I was in so much pain. It was a totally different experience now. I was able to enjoy the day, eat without worry that I was going to become sick, and just feel alive again. 



We wore our Rays gear and every time we do wear this to away games, fans start up conversations with us and are super nice. I'm not sure you would get that reception in every ballpark, but we do here in the Midwest! The Rays lost, but the good thing is that the Reds are Patrick's next favorite team, so he sort of won either way. How much fun the day was!



No comments: