Thursday, April 10, 2014

Mobius Cowl Finished and Blocked

Yeah for the sun!!! It was so pretty out yesterday. I ventured out to lunch with a dear friend who has been so supportive this past six months. Her church makes prayer shawls and I've been spring de-stashing and donated a bunch of yarn to their cause along with my 40 for 40 projects. It feels so good to be able to share your passion with others. After some fun catching up and some yummy pizza, I came home and blocked the mobius cowl so that I could snap some photos.


Pattern: #28 Mobius Cowl from Vogue Knitting
Needle: US 3
Yarn: Koigu


I really enjoyed knitting this project. It is made in the round and then the two ends are connected after you twist it. I did something I don't normally do and tied all the ends (LOTS) and left them on the interior side that is seamed shut. It worked out really well. I had been thinking I wouldn't break this out to wear until next fall, but it is pretty bright and cheerful so I might wear it during some the spring days next week that are only supposed to top the 30s. (Although, I would be more than happy not to have that weather prediction be accurate!)

No comments: