Monday, April 7, 2014

Baby Dress

I haven't been knitting or crocheting as much lately. In a bit of a lull in what I want to make for myself or design, so I'm hoping to do some test knitting/crocheting for the next few months. But, I did knit up this little item for my cousin's new little one. She wasn't supposed to arrive until May, but as we all know, babes have their own plans. The day before I mailed it out, Mackenzie came into the world. All is well and she is a cutie.


Pattern: Little Sister (free pattern by Tora Frøseth Design)
 Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Handpainted Fingering weight
Size: Six months
US needle: 3
Notions: 2 little buttons from the button stash bin


I didn't modify the pattern in any way. Yes, the yarn sort of did an odd pooling for a portion of the dress, but I thought it was sort of fun. You could alternate by knitting with the inside and outside of the skein every so many rows to avoid this. I think she will look adorable in it!

No comments: