Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Newsboy Hats

A few weeks back I was asked to make some newsboy hats for some little guys. This little crochet newsboy hat is one that I have crocheted before and enjoyed. It uses a worsted weight yarn and I used a US G hook. A big plus for this pattern is that it is sized from newborn to adult male. I still need to make matching ones for Patrick and I...maybe that should be what we wear to the pumpkin patch in the fall!


This lovely blue is Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Peacock. I'm not a big acrylic fan, but I love Brava Worsted. It is much softer than other acrylics and doesn't squeak on my hooks and needles. You can't beat the price and the range of colors is fantastic. It also now comes in different weights. Such a perfect yarn for kids projects and for garments that need easy care.


Pattern link: Classic Newsboy Hat by Adrienne Engar


Another 300 yards from my stash and 4 buttons from the button stash! That brings my total yardage from stash for 2014 to 4,659 yards. Most of those were hats and another small projects. Nothing like quick satisfaction!


No comments: