Monday, March 24, 2014

Easter Bunnies

While I'm on a money saving mission and to use up stash yarn, I also still want to spoil my niece and nephews when I can. Three of them are still pretty little and enjoy some simple silly toys so I settled on making them a little bunny for Easter to go along with their card. I remembered this pattern from last year and dug it out of my Ravelry links.


Easy Easter Bunny by Janette Williams

I used an US H/8 hook and various scraps from my yarn stash.


For pink/purple bunny I used scraps of Plymouth Superwash Merino Solids and Cascade 220 Superwash.
For blue bunny I used scraps of Berroco Vintage, Cascade 220 Superwash, and Knit Picks Tonal Worsted.
For green/orange bunny I used scraps of Cascade 220 Superwash and Knit Picks Tonal Worsted.
Super easy and fun pattern to work up. Bunnies are pretty small, maybe 5-6 inches from bottom to ear tips. 


The little tails were fun to make and I made them extra fluffy!


This is the first time I ever used safety eyes. They are a black front and you punch it into a holder that clicks closed to hold it in place. So much easier than sewing on buttons and great for those 3+. I hope that the kids like these little guys and enjoy their bunny shaped soaps that smell like apples and strawberries. 

No comments: