Friday, February 21, 2014

Olympic Knitting: Preemie Hats

Despite being a bit absent from blogging, I have been continuing to watch the Olympics and knit hats. Am I on schedule for 15? Heck no, but I am making progress. So, I won't be winning the gold, but I would say I made the quarterfinals!!! After knitting mostly with worsted weight yarn for days, I decided to mix it up for a little bit with some sock yarn leftovers. A great way to use up small yardage amounts of leftover sock yarn is to knit them up for preemies. These little babies are so incredibly small and I'm always a little shocked when I knit up a preemie hat and see the size.


Pattern: Preemie Baby Beanies by Karen Everitt
Yarn: Madelinetosh sock in Midnight Pass; 
special colorway available at A Good Yarn in Sarasota, FL
Needle: US 2 DPNs
Mods: Instead of an i-cord bind off, I put a pom-pom at the top.



Pattern: Preemie Baby Beanies by Karen Everitt
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM (color # not recorded...it was a leftover bit)
Needle: US 2 DPNs


Pattern: Tiny Knitted Preemie Hat by Bee Roewert
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM (color # not recorded...it was a leftover bit)
Needle: US 2 DPNs

No comments: