Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Olympic Break...Groovyghan

A few days before the Olympics started, I received a yarn shipment I had placed the prior week. You see...I fell in love with the Groovyghan pattern designed by Tracy St. John's Designs. I've been on strict yarn diet and have been working hard to use up yarn stash. Well, sometimes you just have to buy some new yarns when you find just the right project. The colors screamed at me to bring them into my house and turn them into a crocheted beauty.


I'm using all Berroco Vintage except for the orange. The orange I ordered was dull and didn't match as well as I had hoped. So, into the stash bin I went and I found this lovely bright orange in Miss Babs yarn. PERFECT! I grabbed my US H hook and set to work. It works up pretty fast...7 blocks a day was my pre-Olympic pace.



Bright circles...



Colorful granny squares



And all those ends are done to make seaming later easier! Isn't it awesome? I've been working on it here and there between my hat knitting. It is VERY well written, too. If you are looking for a fun crochet project, it is a good one. 

No comments: