Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What's On the Needles and Hook?

Over the last few weeks I've been keeping my knitting and crochet projects to one at a time. I feel the need to simplify life right now and one project at a time keeps my mine focused. So, what is in the knitting bag?


This is a new design that I'm working on at the moment. It is a spring/summer scarf out of sock weight yarn. The idea is to knit it on larger needles to create a drape that also breathes. It can be worn single around the neck, doubled, or around the shoulders. I'm knitting up two samples, one variegated (below) and one solid (above). The pattern will be released sometime in February so that you can knit it up for the spring. (It will also be a great one knitted out of cotton sock yarn for warmer winter climates.)


Next up will be a new crochet project. I've always wanted to make a rug and after my kitchen sink rug got discolored in the wash, I needed to replace it. The plan is to crochet up a small rug for this location using some brightly colored cotton yarn from my stash. If that all goes well, I will venture to maybe making a LARGE one for the front living room. Both need to be bright and vibrant to bring sunshine to our home.



No comments: