Thursday, December 12, 2013

Wreaths on the Packages and Outside Decor

Remember those wreaths that I made to put on the tree and some packages? We finally got around to wrapping a few gifts so I thought you might like to see a picture.


One of our fall/winter fun agenda items was to put together a new outside holiday decoration plan. The old wreaths were in such terrible shape after so many years that we had to toss them. (I'm a little ashamed that I didn't see how bad they looked last year...sorry neighbors!) Armed with 50% off coupons, I set out to figure out what to get. My DH walked up and down the aisles with me, pulled things down and then put them back when I changed my mined. He is ever so patient. We settled on a red/white/silver theme.


My cream loop wreath is on the front door and we have white lights on the gutter and in both swags on the porch railings. I almost went with a red/white/teal theme, but I couldn't talk myself into something that wouldn't remain "in style" for the next 15 years. I have to get my money out of these suckers!


Love the pretty ornaments...


Big bows...and for a "cheap trick" buy the $10.00 50-feet of garland at Target and then fold it in half twice. That saved us lots of money on the garland. The fuller single wrapped garland was much more expensive.


I only purchased one of these large wreaths for the top center window, but I think it balances out nicely. All in all, it is very simple and sparse but I love it. As much as I hate snow, it sets everything off. Our cozy little home...


No comments: