Friday, December 13, 2013

Spectral KAL

Back in the summer/early fall two knitter friends and I decided we would knit the same sweater in October. After life got in the way for all three of us and realizing that the said sweater was going to be a huge commitment, we settled on knitting a Spectral Cowl instead. Because I had already knit one in black/gray colors, I went searching my yarn stash for something in a brownish colorway. Finding five sock weight yarns in my stash that would coordinate was much more difficult than I anticipated, but I think I found what I needed.


My thought was that this would either look pretty and like a painting or will come out super ugly....we shall see. Zauberball, Lorna's Laces, MadTosh, and some leftover Socks That Rock...


The first two colors are coming out nice. Now that all of my gift knitting and designing is done for the year, I can sit and work on this without any time pressure. Ahhhhh....it feels so nice to just knit for fun. I can't wait to see the other knitter's cowls. One is using brown and creams and the other is using teal gradients. I'm sure we will all love wearing them when they are done. In the meantime, I love that we can send each other updates as we go along and get to share in our knitting bond.


2 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

This sounds like a fun project. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Are you holding two strands at a time and changing out one strand at a time? Just wondering if it's the same as an article I read recently that did that and called it "Stone Soup Knitting" (stone soup because it uses whatever left overs you have in colors that work together).

Brownie Knits said...

For this project you make a switch from yarn to yarn with no overlap. I do think that would create an interesting look and I've done it in a few shawls before. It's a great way to use up odds and ends.