Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Crocheted Baking Set

This past weekend I wasn't feeling up to going out. It was cold, cold, cold and I'm continuing this Celiac battle. (Good lord gluten hides in everything!) But, this gave me a good reason to tackle my out-of-control knitting/crocheting bag. First up was a baking set for my niece for Christmas. I bought a super cute apron on Etsy that will go with it. Plus, I love a good theme for gifts. Although her mommy will see this post before the holidays, E is too young to be browsing Aunt Gina's blog so I thought I would share in case any of you are looking for a girl gift to make.


I used two different patterns to make all the pieces: Cookie Baking by Sally Byrne and Littlest Cookie Baking Set by CGWJoanitaTheron. Both are available in Ravelry and you can click on the links here to get to the correct Ravelry pages.



I used a mixture of yarns for this project (Berroco Vintage, Knit Picks Brava Worsted, and I Love This Yarn). As I have been all year, one of the goals was to use up stash yarn, so anything I had bits of that coordinated was used. All pieces were worked with a US F hook.


While I worked, Kiki napped...on my project bag and yarn...


 and this was my view.



No comments: