Sunday, November 17, 2013

Share Sundays: Gift Decor and a Spectral Scarf

We had a dusting of snow this past week and I snapped a few photos of our backyard with the colorful trees against the light snow. So pretty...



Go Hoosiers!

Last weekend we ventured out to look for some new outside Christmas decorations. Our old ones had served us well for 12 years but it was determined during the great garage clean out of 2013 that they were really not in good shape. So, off we went to look around. I got all inspired and in the holiday mood and decided to whip up some ornaments to put on the outside of packages this year.


My plan is to use my random white yarns, some muslin my Gram gave me a few years ago, and these $1 wreath forms to make mini-wreaths that can be hung on the tree as ornaments. I'm hoping I can attach a pretty letter of some sort to them and they will serve as package gift tags. I'll be using the Churchmouse wreath as the base pattern.

Most of my knitting time recently has been knitting a Spectral scarf (pattern by Debbi Stone). I got addicted to the thing!


Isn't it beautiful? I decided on a gray theme because it will go with more outfits. It is all sock weight yarn...Cascade Heritage, Miss Babs, Lorna's Laces. Just a little more to go before it can blocked and worn!!! I also managed to swatch for the Portulaca Cardigan by Carol Feller. I signed up for this class on Craftsy.


I think I'll be lucky to have this done by NEXT winter. But, it will be pretty when it is done. I better get going on some holiday gifts first!!!



No comments: