Friday, November 15, 2013

Favorite Fridays: Muffins and a Yummy Treat

Okay, so this has nothing to do with yarn. Oh well!!! Around our house, food has been a big focus over the last month. I have had to move to a lactose free, caffeine free, and mostly gluten-free diet. Not to mention that there is a list of foods a mile long I've been told not to touch. It hasn't been the easiest thing to find foods that I can eat, enjoy, and offer some nutrition. (Said list of no-no foods includes lots of vegetables, unlike most restrictions handed down.) Most would enjoy being told to limit veggies, but I've missed them and I'm gradually trying out the ones on the approved list. Anyway, blah blah blah...why is this a post? Well...

We did discover these yummy recipes (via Pinterest)! Given all the limitations, a yummy treat with a veggie or a fruit in it is a magical find.


Frosted Zucchini Bread Muffins by MIH (Mommy I'm Hungry)
We modified the recipe to be gluten free by using gluten free all purpose flour.


One bit of warning that it does make a BUNCH of muffins...we had enough for 19 muffins! Oh my!


Banana Cream Caramel Dessert by Glorious Treats
(photo is from their site...we ate ours too fast for a photo!)
We modified it by using soy milk.


No comments: