Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Christmas Cross Stitch

I think I'm in love! Just finished up this Christmas sampler on the day before Thanksgiving. It was planned to take all of 2014 and have it ready next year, but it was just too much fun to put it down. Don't you love the red and teal color combo?


The pattern is from Lizzie Kate as is the Jingles Flip It series. You can work them as single small cross stitch pieces or as one big sampler. (If you go the sampler route, there is a free PDF download on their site for some additional stitching areas to put the sampler together.)


I framed this myself to save on money. The frame is from Hobby Lobby and was 50% off. It ended up being the perfect size! Lucky...



The modifications were mostly in the colors. I bought a lighter linen than called for so the white didn't show up as well as I wanted. So, some of the large white sections I switched to red, pink, or teal. In the continuing spirit of using up craft supplies in 2013, many of the colors were leftovers from some other cross stitch projects.

 



Here is a bit closer shot of the beads and buttons included with the pattern. They provide more than you are instructed to use so at the end of the project I scattered the remaining white "snow" beads around the sampler. I can't wait to hang this up year after year. 

No comments: