Sunday, October 27, 2013

Share Sunday: A Pumpkin Patch Visit

Last weekend we had a fun visit with my brother, SIL, and nephew R. It was a bit tricky with the rain on Saturday morning, but we were able to head to the pumpkin patch when the clouds broke in the afternoon. We took them to a little farm where we venture each fall.


Our annual self portrait on the hay ride...I was able to get the patch in the picture this year! BTW, that is the Tressie Cowl from Brownie Knits. I was VERY happy to have it on as it was pretty cold that day! I also had on my Ravi sweater...happy to break out the knits!


Of course, we made them get in the three pigs head stand. 
My SIL plans to show this one to R's girlfriends when he is older! 


This little dude was a funny guy...


When we got home (after a side trip for ice cream because it's NEVER too cold for ice cream), I pulled out some stickers and Mr. Potato Head parts that I bought for R to decorate his baby pumpkins. Patrick drilled some holes into the one pumpkin and then R stuck on his faces/ears/hands on both sides. R really enjoyed it and it was much easier for him to participate versus actually carving one. He also seemed to enjoy putting Cars stickers all over his second pumpkin. I would highly recommend these approaches for young children. (The Mr. Potato Head was an idea I came across on Pinterest.)


His faces cracked me up!

We have our adult pumpkins still to carve so hopefully we get to it before Halloween!

No comments: