Friday, September 13, 2013

Favorite Friday: Yarn Part III

Here it is...the last Favorite post discussing yarn. What to put for Part III has been on my mind for weeks now. One last final pick, well, I wanted to go old school to a yarn that I loved from the first week I started knitting: Karabella Aurora 8 (98 yards; 100% merino;18 sts = 4 inches; recommended needle size: 7-8). I wanted to say that, but then I realized I haven't worked with it years. Then I thought I should be sure to mention Dream in Color and Cascade 220 because they are such great work-horse yarns. After so much thinking and changing my mind I settled with Unique Sheep.


I was introduced to Unique Sheep by a fellow crocheter. We signed up for the Crochet Block of the Month club a few years back. I finished mine up during a road trip to FL in 2011 and it was a pleasure to make and to view. I believe all the yarns are of fingering weight, but there may be a sport in there. I just love how soft and colorful all of their yarns are. They have many online clubs for you to select from and they are all tempting. They also sell through many retail shops. (For those in Indiana, try Simply Socks. For those in Ohio/Kentucky, check out Knitwits yarn shop.)


When searching for photos to put in this post, I found poor Kiki as a Bumble Bee for Halloween. She took great comfort in sitting on the Unique Sheep afghan while I tortured her with sitting for photos!

No comments: