Friday, September 6, 2013

Favorite Friday: Yarn Part II

Last week I talked about the lovely yarn that is Madelinetosh. As I said last time, I couldn't pick just one favorite yarn! Since I went with the higher priced stuff last week, I thought I'd offer up a more economical (but still awesome) option. I am truly amazed by the quality of yarn that Knit Picks provides with some of the lowest prices in the business. They have a wide range, ship fast, and have lots of great colors. So, which one yarn at Knit Picks would I suggest if you wanted to try it out? There are many good ones (Wool of the Andes, Stroll Tonal Worsted, Swish Worsted), but I LOVE Stroll Hand-Painted Sock.


I have used this yarn OFTEN for my baby sacks. It has great stitch definition, is a pleasure to knit up, and holds up SO well to all the washing. Here is a link to the yarn on Knit Picks.


 75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
 Fingering
 7 - 8 sts = 1" on #1 - 3 needles (2.25mm-3.25mm)
 21 – 32 sc = 4'' on B - E hooks (2.25mm-3.5mm)
 462yds
 100g
 hank
 Machine wash gentle, tumble dry low


I also offer up Knit Picks as an option because so many people do not have local yarn stores in their neighborhoods. Thanks to the web, you don't have to miss out! The other huge positive about Knit Picks for me is how supportive they are of Independent Designers. They have an excellent program to promote designers and sell their yarn. Check 'em out!

No comments: