Sunday, August 25, 2013

Share Sunday: Starband Knitting and Sneak Peek at Upcoming Designs

The previous week's knitting was full of design work and little else! Yikes, not sure when I'm going to get around to finishing up those sweaters and such I started before I hit such a hot design spell. Anyway...I spent a few days making myself a white Starband...





I used an OLD button that I had laying around. Don't you love the weathered feel of it...very vintage. It has new life now on my white Starband knit out of Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool from my stash yarn. I see this one getting LOTS of wear. One of the great things about Starband is that you can wear these headbands year round.

When I wasn't knitting Starband or polishing up the pattern, I was designing and working on my next pattern. I won't give too much away other than to share this little sneak peek! Oh so much fun!!!


In terms of books and TV, I've been reading my hubby's second novel (in rough draft) and I wrapped up watching The Wire. Most of that week was really lovely in terms of weather so I opened all the windows and doors and worked away. One of the things I love about our home is how light and bright it is. When you open the windows and the doors there is a fantastic breeze and you actually feel like you are outside. Alas, it heated back up again so back to the AC we go.

No comments: