Sunday, August 11, 2013

Share Sunday: Loafers, Wraps, & Books

Last weekend as we went in search for some sweater yarn, I came across Malabrigo Loafers by Coco Knits. I snapped up the pattern and yarn kit to make myself some cozy slippers. Several years ago I made French Press Slippers and wore them so much that I had holes in the bottom. I was interested to make these Loafers because they are NOT felted. But what they are is a super fast knit!




That's right, they are already done! I knitted them up while Patrick was watching the Rays play. I knitted mine on a US 8 needle holding Malabrigo worsted held double. My shoe size is a 6.5 and they came out just right. I didn't modify anything, but I did bind off tightly. I mention that fact because it is unusual to want a tight bind off, but it helped to pull the bootie around my foot better. I only used one ball of yarn from the kit because my feet are so small. Guess I need to find another project for that other skein of yarn!

No comments: