Friday, July 12, 2013

Sweater Knitting in the Summer

Last summer I knitted up stash yarn into a Central Park Hoodie. I wore that thing a LOT in the fall. It was so satisfying to have it all done and ready to wear as soon as the cool air hit. So, when my friend suggested that we knit a sweater in July, I was totally on board. Initially the idea was to knit cabled ones...challenge ourselves a bit. Well, I had every intention of doing that until I got sucked into making sure I used the Tosh Vintage yarn I bought on vacation in 2012. You know...the yarn you buy and SWEAR you will knit it up right away. I realized I didn't have enough of this special dye yarn to make a cabled sweater. I went in search of a sweater pattern that looked like one I would wear constantly.

I came across a new pattern released by Stephanie Steinhaus & Ewe Ewe Knits named Libby's Boyfriend Sweater. It is designed to look casual and oversized...like a boyfriend sweater. Perfect! I would want to wear it all the time given the comfort level and the gorgeous yarn. It knitted up so fast. One sleeve is raglan and the other is a drop sleeve. And, one side of the bottom is worked in short rows to provide the slant...all design elements to make it look slouchy. I plan to wear it with fitted pants in the fall/winter. And, the color in the photo just doesn't do the yarn justice.

Yarn: Tosh Vintage from Madelinetosh
Color: Midnight Pass (a special dye available at A Good Yarn in Sarasota)
Pattern: Libby's Boyfriend Sweater
US Needle: 6 (to get gauge)

I admit that I casted it on in June after I wrapped up my Pop Spots Shawl. I wanted to make sure that I finished it by the end of July. It went WAY faster than I anticipated given that I had it finished on the 7th! So, I went back into the stash closet and onto Ravelry and found another sweater to make in July. More about that later! What are you knitting?


Remember that little project to frame the poem PK wrote for our anniversary? Well, three coupons later the result is hanging in the living room. It makes me smile when I walk by it.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Cute sweater! It looks super comfy! I also love that frame! I have something I would like to frame for the kids with their pictures. Where did you get it?

Brownie Knits said...

Hey Meg! Thanks. :) the frame is from Michaels.