Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mountain Colors Stash Yarn

Several years ago Patrick and I took a drive to Nomad Yarns in Plainfield and I came home with a skein of Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool. I loved the large amount of brilliant red as the base.


Isn't it lovely? It was living in my yarn stash closet in the Special bin. 


No longer! After several hours of winding it up into this HUGE ball (note how large it is compared to Riley's head), I casted it on to make an Effortless Cardigan by Hannah Fettig.

It has been so long since I made a top-down sweater. I was quickly reminded how much I love that construction and the ease of the knit. After a few short sessions, I am ready to divide for the sleeves.


Do you have a favorite top-down pattern? Never knitted one before? I highly recommend Knitting Pure  & Simple patterns for the first-time top-down sweater knitter.

No comments: