Monday, June 17, 2013

Knitwits Trunk Show and Class Visit

This past Saturday I was blessed and thrilled to be welcomed to Knitwits Yarn Shop in Crescent Falls, KY. They have been hosting a trunk show of my designs and I was asked to participate in their Knit University program and teach my crocheted sunflower design. It was so much fun being surrounded by yarn and knitters/crocheters all day! They are all so nice and I definitely walked away with some new friends and loads of ideas.



I was SUPER bad about taking any photos to share. These were ones that Patrick snapped before heading off to patiently wait for the day at Starbucks. Here are a few shots of the class advertisement and the little pram where my designs have been on display.


If you live in the Cincy/Covington/Crescent Falls area this is a shop that you simply must check out. They are very welcoming to all levels of knitters and crocheters. They carry a nice variety of yarns, the staff is kind and knowledgable, and the store itself is adorable.

I was more than a little nervous, but I was quickly put at ease as we all started chatting about the yarn and what everybody was making. At their Knit U program we all had fun deciding which level of knitter we were, based on the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Rules book. (I think there should be a level 5 of giving up all other things to knit for a living...that's where I reside!) It was fun to field questions and share in the give and take that always happens when more than one knitter finds themselves in a room.

As is often the case, I was asked to demonstrate my knitting style. I hold my yarn a bit differently than most knitters...which I credit to learning to crochet first. The sunflower crochet class involved many laughs and some discussions about various patterns and all the afghans we love to make. I can't wait to travel back to the shop in July to teach a Continental Knitting class. So happy to have been invited back!


Of course, I had to pick up some yarn! This is Berroco's Remix yarn. I have some designer plans in the works! I came away with loads of ideas for things people would like to have. I need to sit down with a calendar and plot them all out. It's always so refreshing to get bursts of energy from the excitement you find in a knit shop.


And we added a few other things onto the trip...a visit to Sci-Fi World for a Carcassonne expansion. It's Batman! And then off to a Reds game on Flag Day.



I'm so thankful to all the Knitwits who welcomed me to their yarnie home for the day. Thanks for letting me be part of your world!

1 comment:

Meg said...

It sounds like the trunk show was a blast and a great success! Congrats!! :)