Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blue Ripple Afghan

Remember that blue ripple afghan I started back in April? I started it to use up odds and ends of leftover blues, creams, and browns. And, it gave me a great project to keep doing the ripple stitch. Well, the blanket got put on the back burner while we were on vacation (not exactly the best travel project) and remained in the storage closet while I concentrated on the trunk show prep. So, over the past week, I was able to return my attention to this project. Now...somewhere along the way I misplaced my polymer clay G hook. Ugh. I have pulled the house apart looking for it. I finally ordered a replacement, which means the first one should show up any day now.


Here it is tossed over the bed. It is folded in half in this photo. The colors match our bedroom so well and I've already put the blanket to good use. I used all superwash blends and washable cottons, so I was able to toss it in the washer and dryer.





I just love how it turned out!!!
Pattern: Attic24's Neat Ripple Afghan
Hook: US G
Yarn: leftovers of fingering/DK weight yarns
Used Yardage: I am going to estimate that I used 4,000 yards. 
It EASILY could be more if I go by the estimates others used when making a Ripple of this size. However, I wanted to be conservative for my ongoing Stash Yardage total.

TOTAL YARDAGE 2013 (INCLUDING THE TRUNK SHOW PROJECTS I FINISHED UP AND DIDN'T BLOG ABOUT): 11,401 yards

No comments: