Sunday, May 12, 2013

SURPRISE!!!

I am often asked about how I got so lucky to find a guy like Patrick. Other ladies will comment on how well he treats people or how supportive he is. My answer is that he learned it all from his father. My father-in-law is one of the kindest men I've ever known and a wonderful man, father, grandfather, and father-in-law. He had a milestone birthday toward the end of April. The "kids" planned out a surprise party for him for a week later so that my SIL and nephew could fly in from Florida. With Ron sent out on some errands, we all snuck in to the house and decorated it with a Purdue theme. (Yes, this IU girl was assigned to get the decorations! VERY funny Kanouse clan!)


If you are in the market for college-themed decorations, I found these online at Party City. They have balloons, tablecloths, plates, napkins, cups, streamers, and tattoos. When he arrived at the house, the boys were hiding in the pantry and the adults were hiding in the party room. We didn't anticipate early enough that he might enter via the kitchen so he peeked around that door and saw me on the floor. He told me later he was wondering what I was possibly doing. We all yelled surprise and he was pretty shocked!


Being a supportive Hoosier daughter-in-law.



Grandpa with the boys...


Despite the fact that it was 70 degrees and May 5th, there was a snowball fight. Grandpa had frozen them from the last snowfall of the winter so that his grandsons (especially Jack who lives in Florida but LOVES snow) could have some fun. 




Jack also made a cold bath for the birds...

This just cracked me up!


When I'm his age, I hope I get to enjoy some fun gifts, a cold drink, family, and a funny card! He looks like he is enjoying himself, doesn't he?!?



No comments: