Thursday, May 23, 2013

Brownie Knits (Sorta) Turned 2 in April!

I started Brownie Knits in a very slow way years and years ago. It started small with a single beginning knitting pattern and then turned into teaching at the LYS. Over time, it became clear that I enjoyed the creative and artistic side of it all the most. Then, in April 2011 there was an opportunity to take a leap of faith and leave my corporate job. Shaking and excited, I left my "real job" to design more, edit other designer's patterns, test knit, sell garments on Etsy, and pursue my dream. I consider that to be the "official" start of Brownie Knits. (I will never forget how old it is because my niece was born the week before I left my publishing job!)

For the past few months, I've been putting together a Brownie Knits trunk show for some interested shops. As I stood in the family room with all the garments before me and patterns/business cards/price sheets/invoices piled up, I damn near cried. It isn't often in life that you can pause and literally see your years of hard work right there in front of you. I had to take some pictures to commemorate the moment. (Don't worry. No big head here. I was quickly snapped back to reality when the dog threw up in front of me. But it was nice while it lasted.)






All boxed up and headed to a store!


I'm so happy that as Brownie Knits celebrates 2 years, we are branching out on some exciting adventures. Be sure to check in soon for details on an upcoming trunk show and special class. I would love to see blog readers in person!

1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

That's wonderful that you were able to turn your passion for knitting into a business. Congratulations!