Thursday, March 14, 2013

Getting By

So far, 2013 has been a year of getting by. Not feeling great and my one consistent pleasure has been knitting and crocheting. It has really kept me from being a total mess. So, as I go into the middle portion of March I'm a little down, but I also have NCAA basketball and lots of knit and crochet to keep me busy.


The IU banner is hanging above the mantle for all the games this month. It turned out so cute!


This picture didn't turn out all that great, but this is one of those projects where the entire time you make it you wonder if it will be nice or butt ugly! I saw this sweater kit years and years ago at Stitches Midwest. It was GORGEOUS! I snapped it up and then kept myself from buying other yarns that year.  I promptly came home and put it away and never made the sweater. As I was diving into the cotton yarn bin for the ripple table runner, I came across the kit. It is a cotton/rayon blend from Twisted Sister. You knit the squares in strips and seam them together and you end up with this amazing sweater.  Right now, I look at it and think would I really put this on my body? Then I remember how beautiful it was all knitted up. It is so lightweight and will go great with a rib tank and white crop pants. My goal is to get it done by the time spring weather arrives. The little blocks make for great knitting sessions.

3 comments:

Christina@A Knitter's Life said...

Hang in there, Gina! It's got to get better sometime. I hope you've had a good time with Carol this week!

All the best!

Acorn to Oak said...

Sorry to hear that your year hasn't been very good. It's nice that you have a love of yarn, knitting, and crocheting to get you through. It can be so comforting. I hope things get better. Happy stitching! :-)

Brownie Knits said...

Thanks, ladies. Trying to be hopeful.