Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Year of 40

As I started out 2013 I looked to the future and what the year might hold. The anticipation of things I want to accomplish, fun to be had, and the surprises waiting in each month of the year. In addition to these events, I am also coming to terms with the big 4-0. GULP. I've had a few moments already of, "Where did the time go?" and "Am I half done?!?" But, those are pretty rare and I really wanted to come up with something that will be a celebration for myself instead of a pity party. After mulling it over for a few weeks I realized that the other idea I'd been giving thought to would marry up nicely with the 4-0. The idea of wanting to give back in some way.

So...in 2013 as I celebrate making it 40 years on the planet, I'm going to try and knit/crochet 40 hats for charity. Who knows if each hat will be dedicated to a year or a memory, but that is the goal. A review of what I've learned, where I've been, who I've become, and (via the charity hats) what I want to become in the next 40.

I hope that you will join me in the adventure in whatever way you see fit, whether that is knitting or crocheting your own items for charity, volunteering your time at a local charity, or simply reading along with the blog. Of course, this project also gives me a chance to dig into all those great hat patterns I've been stashing away for years AND use up some of that stash yarn, too!

Got a great hat pattern you think should be part of The Year of 40? Share it with us in the Comments section.

No comments: