Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pattern Samples: Flowers of Fall Hat Pattern

The last few weeks I have been knitting and crocheting TONS. My goal this time around is to knit/crochet samples of all of my patterns. Somewhere along the path I have published 17 Brownie Knits patterns! Many of my designs are created because I need a gift or it is custom-designed so that I can sell the made garments. Of course, that means that (unlike most designers who keep their initial design sample) I no longer have possession of all the sample garments. So, I've been on a mission to knit and crochet samples of all my patterns.


Flowers of Fall Hats
This pattern is available for $5.00 USD  buy it now


This is a knitted hat sized from newborn to adult. The sunflower and mum options are both included in the one pattern and use basic crochet techniques. For the samples shown here, I used size 6 and 7 needles and an H hook. The gauge is 5 stitches to an inch.




The yarn used in the sample hats is all Berroco Vintage except for a touch of a novelty yarn for the middle of the sunflower, which is optional. (You can make the center with just the flat worsted yarn.) All of my yarn was from stash yarn, so I can add another 325 yards to my knit my stash total! That puts me at 890 yards of stash used.


If you are not a knitter or crocheter and would like a Flowers of Fall hat, please feel free to convo us on the Etsy shop for a made hat in the desired size and color you need.

No comments: