Saturday, January 26, 2013

January Art Class

This month's art class brought a little color into our winter world. Sadly, Patrick was back to work and couldn't join me in class any longer. So, off I went to class...


This month we had to draw the sketch 100% ourselves. OH MY. I am not an artist, but I managed to sketch out the little bird and scene. The instructor helped me with the beak as I kept making it too big. In general, I was pretty happy with the final result. The top pine cone could look better, but the rest isn't too bad! Of course, there was a guy who hadn't painted before and his was amazing.


I forced myself to put in more dark shading this time. I'm always a bit hesitant to add that last bit in, but as the instructor finally taught me, it gives the painting the needed depth and contrast. Isn't the little twine she had us glue on cute?

No comments: