Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 3, Me 0

So far, this year is kicking my butt. Although I didn't feel well on New Year's Eve, I went to bed early and woke up a little better. Thinking everything was fine and feeling guilty for missing midnight, we ventured out to a lunch on New Year's Day. Big mistake, apparently. I've been under the weather ever since. Things are starting to look a little better, but I hate to say that as the last time I did it got worse again!

On the upside, I've been able to work on some of those goals for 2013. Not the way you want to drop your Christmas weight, but it is more than gone! I've been resting, reading, and knitting. Almost done with The Big Sleep. An entertaining read and easy to see why it is on all the great mystery/thriller book lists. When I've felt more energetic, I've been knitting on the Beekeeper's Quilt that got put aside last year while I knitted on orders, designs, gifts, and sweaters.



Total so far is 86 full-sized and 15 half-sized honeycombs. This is a "use up my stash" project. I decided to keep track of how many yards of stash yarn I use up in 2013. Knitted up a ball of Koigu (175 yards) yesterday. Right now, I'm knitted my way through a skein of MadTosh. What better yarn medicine when you don't feel well!?! It will either be a beautiful quilt or ugly as heck. It WILL be warm! I've also knitted enough of these that they started showing up in baskets and shelves around the house. They've all been rounded up and stored in a nice basket in the guest room. I was surprised to see how full the basket was already. Still lots more to go to get a quilt that will cover the four of us on the couch.

No comments: