Friday, December 28, 2012

When You Miss Crochet...

I've been knitting up a storm since September with orders, designs, test/tech knits, and fun knitting. Although I love knitting and probably do end up preferring it over crochet, I miss crochet when I'm not doing it. What's a yarnie to do but start a new project! For me, that means a new blanket!



Pattern: Great Grandma's Square from The Granny Square Book
Yarn: Cream is KPPM (Koigu) and teal is Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock
Hook: US C
Mods: Added an extra DC round in the cream section to make the square larger.

My plan is to use up lots of my sock yarn stash in this afghan. I want to crochet up the majority of the squares in The Granny Square book. Where needed, I'll add rounds and alterations to get 6x6 squares. Along with my Beekeeper's Quilt, this will be my ongoing afghan for the next year. Fun!

No comments: