Saturday, December 22, 2012

Headband for Katie

Earlier this year I promised Katie that I would knit her a Central Park Hoodie. That was probably WAY ambitious of me so although she will get one at some point in the next five years :), I went ahead and whipped up a headband that she mentioned wanting for her late December birthday. There are lots of headband patterns out there as these are SO popular right now. I thought I'd share what I did on the blog in case you are in the last minute holiday rush and need something FAST.


Headband pattern: Free Morning Walk Headband (thanks to T. Matthew Fine Art for sharing it with all of us!); Flower pattern: I used a flower from a free pattern in my archives and I'm not sure it is available everywhere. However, it is a crocheted flower. You could use any crocheted or knitted flower you like.



Yarn: 1 skein of Berroco Peruvia Quick
Needles: US 10

Hook: US H
Notions: 2 buttons


Mods: I followed the headband pattern as written, but my decrease section measured longer than the designer's did with her yarn. I didn't worry about this and just knitted the even section to the inches she said and then followed the decrease instructions as written. It came out perfect. On the crocheted buttonhole, I only did 2 chains instead of the 4-6 recommended. All depends on the button you use.


I decided to put a fun sparkle button in the center of this flower because I know Katie loves some bling like I do! I casted on this project at the start of the IU/Central Conn State game. It was all finished up before the final buzzer. The designer also offers the pattern for a thinner weight yarn, too. Great last minute projects if you are trying to get something together before the 25th!

Happy birthday, Katie!!!

No comments: