Monday, November 12, 2012

Reading...

At the beginning of 2011 my hubby and I decided to put together a list of mystery books that we would both read and then discuss. Our own little book club of sorts. Like most resolutions, I did well at the beginning of that year and then fell off. Recently, I got spoiled with an iPad mini. Now, ereaders at our house are in abundance due to Patrick's authoring of The Nook Book. While I liked my iPad 2 for surfing the web and such, I would get uncomfortable reading books on it because I couldn't curl up with it like a smaller print book. Enter, the iPad mini! I LOVE that thing. It goes with me everywhere and is great for book reading, magazine reading, and all my craft patterns. I've even been taking it with me to the gym. Walking for an hour or two can give you lots of good reading time! And reading time can be a challenge for me because I'm usually knitting/crocheting if I'm sitting.

Here is our list (bold indicates already read; italic indicates in the middle of it now):
  1. The Alienist by Caleb Carr
  2.  The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John LeCarre
  3.  Moonlight Mile by Dennis LeHane
  4.  The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
  5.  The Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy O’Toole
  6.  Roseanna by Per Wahloo and Maj Sjowall
  7.  The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
  8.  The Sherlockian by Graham Moore
  9.  Death at La Fenice by Donna Leon
  10.  Our Man in Havana by Graham Green
  11.  Witness for the Prosecution by Agatha Christie
  12.  The Innocence of Father Brown by G.K. Chesteron
  13.  A Is for Alibi by Sue Grafton
  14. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
  15. Secret History by Donna Tartt
  16. The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad
  17. Anatomy of a Murder by Robert Traver
  18. Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers
  19. Cathedral by Nelson DeMille
  20. Ratking by Michael Dibkin
  21. The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie
  22. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  23. The GIrl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
  24. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
  25. The Peril at End House by Agatha Christie
  26. Cover Her Face by P.D. James
  27. Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell
  28. Don’t Look Back by Karin Fossum
  29. The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
  30. Expert in Murder by Nicola Upson
  31. Angel with Two Faces by Nicola Upson
  32. The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer
  33. Murther and Walking Spirits by Robertson Davies
  34. The Mysterious Affair at Syles by Agatha Christie
  35. The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
  36. Fatale by Jean-Patrick Manchette
  37. Genesis Secret by Tom Knox
  38. Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household
  39. Lock 14 by George Simenon
See any good mysteries missing from the list? Send along the titles and if we haven't already read them, they might make the list!

No comments: