Friday, November 9, 2012

Dog Scarves

One of the fun things about Brownie Knits is that I get custom requests and from there get to create designs and items I might not otherwise try out. Last week, I received a request for some dog scarves for some large dogs. Over the years, I knitted several dog sweaters for my little dogs who shiver through the winter. After thinking about how the scarf would fit the dog, getting it on and off, and making sure it would stay on, I went for a keyhole scarf out of simple garter stitch. This way, it has lots of spring and can stretch over the dogs head if necessary. The keyhole keeps the scarf in position and makes it harder for the dog to remove the scarf while still being loose enough to be safe.


I forced Mr. Riley to model the large and extra large dog scarves. (He is more of a small/medium little guy, but was happy to play along for treats. Notice no Kennedy. She headed for the hills when she realized she would have to perform to get a treat. What a diva.)


These were knitted out of Berroco Vintage and Cascade 220 Superwash. Both knitted up as worsted weight on a US 7. I started them on Sunday and finished them all up on election day. Great cold weather and election watching knitting.


If you need a scarf for your furry friends, convo us at the Etsy store with a size and color and we can custom create one for your four-legged friend. Sizes go from XS to XL and are priced from $10-$20.



No comments: