Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Art Class 101

In an effort to get out of the house and spark some creativity, I enrolled in an art class at our library. A great deal of $12 for the class and materials, why not? I had never tried water color before and didn't have a clue that you actually paint portions with just water, use a special paper, outline your idea, etc. Learned a great deal in the two hours and while my end result isn't fantastic, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! I ventured out on my color choices from the original painting. The flower section and background is where I spent the majority of my time and ended up having to rush the butterfly. So, of course, he is my least favorite part.




My hope is that next month I can "draw outside the lines" a bit more. I found myself being very exact (probably from knitting) and that doesn't really work with water color. Need to embrace the "flow" of the colors together. October is a fall scene, so I hope to force myself into some darker colors, too. I found myself giving the teacher a hard time when she would encourage me to use a darker color. I certainly have become a bright or vibrant color girl when it comes to home decor. Makes me happy!

1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

Your painting is so pretty! I love it! What a great deal on that class. I would love to find something like that near me. I've always wanted to take a water color class. I imagine I might have a bit of trouble with the flow though too. lol I look forward to seeing your fall scene painting from the next class.