Saturday, September 1, 2012

Finished Charlie Brown Socks

Yesterday I wrapped up PK's winter socks. As blogged previously, I used the sock pattern from the book Knits Men Want. I was able to get them knitted in three short sessions. Don't you love worsted weight yarn!?! As I knitted them I commented to Patrick that they reminded me of Charlie Brown. Thus, they have been coined The Charlie Brown Socks in our household.


US 7 needles
Plymouth Merino Worsted yarn
Mods: I added the stripes at the top and knitted all of the toe section in brown, as well.
Despite the yardage outlined in the pattern, I used less than 400 for a size 11 shoe size at 5 sts per inch as the gauge. Must figure out what to do with that 1.75 skeins of leftover pumpkin yarn.

They have already been test worn. I also noticed that while I never really struggled with kitchener stitch in the past, my toe section on these socks is fantastic after all the kitchener stitches I'm doing on the Beekeeper's Quilt puffs!


1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

Great socks! I like the color and the stripes. And, how fun it must have been to knit them with the thicker yarn!