Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Quick Tea Cozy

As the cooler weather moved in, I found myself wanting more herbal tea. I have a rather large (for one person) teapot in a winterberry pattern. It is just perfect for the winter setting, but rather odd to see the pattern the rest of the year. I decided last year that I wanted to knit or crochet a tea cozy for it. After finishing my fall wreath the other night, I casted on this little guy during the gold medal men's indoor volleyball game and knitted it into the evening. A few minutes on it the next day and tada, it is all done!



The pattern is free from the Lily/Sugar & Cream site. It is super easy (knit two garter stitch squares and seam them together). I used size US 7 needles and a leftover partial ball of MadTosh Tosh Vintage in Tart. (The top picture color is more accurate.) I went with such a simple pattern because my teapot is taller than most of the short and fat ones. This pattern was easy to manipulate to the height and openings I needed. This is a GREAT first project if you are looking to teach someone to knit. Smaller than a scarf and you could easily sew buttons or flowers over any mistakes that come up.

5 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Cute! It looks great with that yarn. Thanks for the tip on that project. I might make one for my teapot in anticipation of cooler weather. We're still in the iced tea phase here with triple digit, record setting temps. Ugh!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good beginners pattern for my 9 year old whom I've tasked with making me a birthday gift. Will give this a try and let you know how it turns out. Good idea with the buttons etc to cover up mistakes.

Unknown said...

Hi, I was just looking for a pattern for my 9 year old and this fits perfectly. I too have a tall teapot. Nice idea with buttons etc to cover up mistake. Please share the website link, will you?

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good beginners pattern for my 9 year old whom I've tasked with making me a birthday gift. Will give this a try and let you know how it turns out. Good idea with the buttons etc to cover up mistakes.

Brownie Knits said...

Hi there! The pattern can be found on www.sugarncream.com.