Monday, August 20, 2012

Planned Knits

So, you didn't think my one and only project could last for long, did you?!? There are big plans in the works, but I am also including big plans on how to complete it all. The Baseball Sweater will be done by the end of August along with another Flowers of Fall Wreath.

After that is all wrapped up, I'll be starting these projects for September:


Ravi by Stolen Stitches
Pattern is available for purchase in Ravelry here

I am knitting this along with my knitter friends who are across the Midwest. I don't get to see all of them on a regular basis, so this will be a nice way to "knit together" and get to talk via FB message on a regular basis. Cast on date is 9/1. Although I had hoped to use up stash for this project, I didn't have any sportweight. So, I ordered Socks that Rock mediumweight in Mossay. I knitted the swatch yesterday and, oh my, what GREAT yarn! Even more excited to make the sweater now.


Deep Water by Winged Knits
Pattern is available for purchase in Ravelry here

When we first came up with the idea to knit something as a group, this was one of the options. I really, really like it, too. So, I am going to challenge myself to make both of the sweaters during September. Cast on day will also be 9/1. I AM using stash yarn for this one (Plymouth Earth Mainland; alpaca/silk). I swatched for this one, too. All set and ready to knit away!

Remember that blanket knitting I was missing? Well, after looking around I settled on the Beekeeper's Quilt from Tiny Owl Knits (available in Ravelry here). I just might have to start a crochet block, too. But, for now, I plan to use up sock yarn stash on the quilt. I expect that it will take me a year or so. 

There are secret plans for design projects for the next 18 months and then there are some sweaters planned for October, but more on that later.

No comments: