Friday, August 24, 2012

Patrick's Baseball Sweater

Last winter I started a sweater for Patrick with the intent of it being a Christmas present. Well, that didn't happen. It got put on hibernation. The DK weight yarn and size 6 needles combined with the miles of stockinette stitch to fit his long torso resulted in many many hours of knitting. It is a pieced sweater with saddle shoulders.



Knitted out of two colors of Cascade 220 Superwash on US 6 needles. The pattern is from the book Knits Men Want. I knitted the size 44 with a slightly tighter gauge than 5. I made the torso section 2 inches longer and put in short row shaping across the top back to avoid ride up. The sleeves were knitted .5 inch longer. I also only picked up a 1 to 1 stitch count along the neckline to avoid the rib being too big. (The 140 called for in the book was WAY too much.)



I think it will look great with dark jeans and a blue business shirt underneath. These pictures are also pre-blocking. I'm on to the men's worsted socks in the book. I don't think there is a pattern in the book he doesn't like, so I guess they got that title right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the pattern available?

Brownie Knits said...

It is the baseball sweater in the book Knits Men Want. Happy knitting!